Lesson Plan: Components of the Human Immune System Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the structure and function of the organs, cells, and chemicals of the immune system.
Students will be able to
- state and locate organs of the human immune system,
- state and describe the function of cells of the immune system,
- state and describe the function of chemicals (cytokines) produced by cells of the immune system,
- recall that immunity in humans is divided into innate (nonspecific) and adaptive (specific) immunity.
Students should already be familiar with
- the components of blood,
- blood circulation,
- the lymphatic system.
Students will not cover
- specific and nonspecific immune responses,