Lesson Plan: Adaptation: Plants Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe adaptations and variations between plants and describe how some traits help plants adapt to their habitat.
Students will be able to
- define the term adaptation,
- describe variation between plants,
- describe the traits of some plants and how they are adapted to their habitat,
- compare and contrast the adaptations of these plants.
Students should already be familiar with
- the term survival,
- the parts of plants,
- the needs of plants,
- classifying plants,
- how living things interact with their habitats,
- how habitats meet the needs of plants.
Students will not cover
- inherited traits,
- comparing and contrasting traits between parents and offspring.