Lesson Plan: Subtracting Numbers up to 10 Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the difference in a subtraction equation when subtracting within 10.
Students will be able to
- solve subtraction equations using pictures of objects to model the problem,
- solve subtraction equations using ten frames,
- solve subtraction equations using number tracks,
- solve subtraction equations without using models.
Students should already be familiar with
- the subtraction symbol,
- modeling and writing subtraction equations.
Students will not cover
- numbers greater than 10,
- vertical subtraction,
- using a number line to subtract.