Lesson Plan: Dividing Three-Digit Numbers by Two-Digit Numbers: Long Divison without Remainders Mathematics • 5th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use long division to divide three-digit numbers by two-digit numbers in calculations when there is no remainder.
Students will be able to
- divide three-digit numbers by two-digit numbers when there is no remainder,
- use the standard algorithm (long division).
Students should already be familiar with
- dividing three-digit numbers by one-digit numbers,
- using known multiples of a number to derive others (for example, halving a multiple of 10 to find a multiple of 5 or doubling a multiple of 3 to find a multiple of 6).
Students will not cover
- dividing numbers with more than 3 digits by numbers with 2 digits,
- divisions involving fractions or decimals,
- divisions where there are remainders.