Lesson Plan: Subtraction of Numbers up to 100,000 Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the most appropriate strategy to subtract numbers with up to five digits.
Students will be able to
- subtract whole numbers using the column method,
- estimate to check the reasonableness of answers,
- use addition to check answers,
- mentally subtract whole numbers,
- choose appropriate methods to subtract.
Students should already be familiar with
- adding and subtracting numbers up to 100,000.
Students will not cover
- numbers over 100,000.