Lesson Plan: Graphing Quadratic Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to graph any quadratic function that is given in its standard and vertex forms using and studying its transformations.
Students will be able to
- sketch a graph of a quadratic equation using a table of values,
- sketch the graph of a quadratic equation in standard form,
- sketch the graph of a quadratic equation in vertex form,
- find the equation of a quadratic function given its graph.
Students should already be familiar with
- quadratic equations in standard form and vertex form.
Students will not cover
- solving quadratic equations graphically.