Lesson Plan: Evaporation and Distillation Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe and explain the separation processes of evaporation and distillation.
Students will be able to
- describe the process of evaporation,
- identify and name the apparatus used in simple distillation,
- explain how solvents and solutions can be separated using distillation,
- explain how the solute and solvents can be separated by evaporation,
- explain how substances can be purified using distillation.
Students should already be familiar with
- the terms solvent, solute, and solution.
Students will not cover
- fractional distillation.