Lesson Plan: 2D and 3D Shapes Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe shapes as two dimensional (flat) or three dimensional (solid) and identify shapes in different orientations.
Students will be able to
- name a flat shape as 2D,
- name a solid shape as 3D,
- classify a shape as 2D or 3D,
- sort and compare a set of 2D and 3D shapes,
- identify 2D and 3D shapes in different orientations.
Students should already be familiar with
- seeing and handling real-life flat and solid shapes in everyday life.
Students will not cover
- identifying 2D and 3D shapes without pictures,
- naming 2D and 3D shapes.