Lesson Plan: Using Graphs to Sort Objects Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to sort objects into groups and represent the data using simple graphs and tables.
Students will be able to
- sort objects into categories,
- count the objects in a category,
- answer questions about data,
- complete simple block graphs and tables.
Students should already be familiar with
- counting to 10,
- cardinality of numbers.
Students will not cover
- using tally marks,
- graphs with more than 10 objects,
- bar graphs,
- picture graphs.