Lesson Plan: Conservation of Energy Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to apply the conservation of energy principle to solve problems on moving bodies.
Students will be able to
- recall and understand the conservation of energy principle and how it can be applied to solve problems,
- solve problems about moving bodies using the conservation of energy principle where no work is done by a resistive force,
- solve problems about moving bodies using the conservation of energy principle where friction needs to be accounted for.
Students should already be familiar with
- how to calculate kinetic and potential energy,
- how to calculate work done.
Students will not cover