Lesson Plan: Combining Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to add, subtract, multiply, or divide two given functions to create a new function and how to identify the domain of the new function.
Students will be able to
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide two functions and determine the domain of the resulting function,
- evaluate combined functions at given values including values inside and outside their domains.
Students should already be familiar with
- the real numbers and associated notations,
- finding the intersection between sets,
- functions and how to determine and write their domains,
- determine the zeros of a function.
Students will not cover
- the composition of two functions.