Lesson Plan: Ordering Five-Digit Numbers Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to order five-digit numbers by considering the place value of each digit.
Students will be able to
- use number lines to order five-digit numbers,
- order five-digit numbers from least to greatest or from greatest to least using their knowledge of place values,
- identify the greatest and the least number from a set of two or more numbers,
- make the greatest or least possible number from a set of digits,
- order five-digit numbers in problems involving real-life contexts.
Students should already be familiar with
- comparing five-digit numbers on a number line,
- comparing two five-digit numbers considering the place value of each digit.
Students will not cover
- comparing and ordering numbers with more than five digits.