Lesson Plan: Finding the Arithmetic Sequence Mathematics • 9th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find arithmetic sequences given information about their terms and relationships between them.
Students will be able to
- find arithmetic sequences given information about two nonconsecutive terms,
- find arithmetic sequences given equations relating their terms including sums and products,
- solve problems related to arithmetic sequences given relations between their terms.
Students should already be familiar with
- working with arithmetic sequences including how to work out the common difference, find the general term, and find individual terms,
- common formulas associated with arithmetic sequences, for example, ,
- forming and solving systems of equations,
- arithmetic mean.
Students will not cover
- arithmetic series.