Lesson Plan: Dividing a Two-Digit Number by a One-Digit Number: Breaking Apart Tens and Ones Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to divide a two-digit number by a one-digit number by breaking apart the numbers.
Students will be able to
- use place value models to divide a two-digit number by a one-digit number,
- decompose dividends to find partial quotients,
- understand that there are multiple ways to decompose the dividend.
Students should already be familiar with
- dividing multiples of 10.
Students will not cover
- the long division method,
- dividing three-digit numbers,
- division with remainders.