Lesson Plan: Word Problems: Dividing by One-Digit Numbers Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve multistep word problems where we have to divide by one-digit numbers.
Students will be able to
- interpret one- and two-step word problems to identify which operations are needed to solve the problem,
- choose an efficient method to divide when solving word problems,
- interpret remainders to solve word problems.
Students should already be familiar with
- addition and subtraction within 1,000,
- multiplying up to three-digit numbers by one-digit numbers,
- dividing up to three-digit numbers by one-digit numbers.
Students will not cover
- dividing by more than a one-digit number.