Lesson Plan: Indefinite Integrals: Trigonometric Functions Mathematics • Higher Education
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find indefinite integrals that result in trigonometric functions.
Students will be able to
- solve indefinite integrals of trigonometric functions where the integrand contains terms of , , and ,
- solve indefinite integrals of trigonometric functions where the integrand contains terms that can be simplified to multiples of , , and ,
Students should already be familiar with
- basic trigonometric identities,
- indefinite integrals,
- differentiating , , and .
Students will not cover
- integrands containing terms that do not simplify multiples of , , and ,
- integrands containing terms that are not trigonometric (e.g., exponential),
- definite integrals.