Lesson Plan: Dividing Complex Numbers Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to perform division on complex numbers.
Students will be able to
- divide a complex number by another complex number,
- simplify a fraction containing a complex number in the denominator,
- find missing values in an equation by dividing complex numbers.
Students should already be familiar with
- equating, adding, and subtracting complex numbers,
- complex conjugates,
- multiplying complex numbers.
Students will not cover
- exponential and polar form of complex numbers.