Lesson Plan: Applications of Arithmetic Sequences Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve real-world applications of arithmetic sequences, where we will find the common difference, 𝑛th term explicit formula, and order and value of a specific sequence term.
Students will be able to
- model a real-world problem using arithmetic sequence,
- apply methods from arithmetic sequences to solve real-world problems,
- interpret tables and graphs that represent arithmetic sequences.
Students should already be familiar with
- the common difference of an arithmetic sequence,
- the term formula for arithmetic sequence,
- the sum of terms in an arithmetic sequence.
Students will not cover
- geometric or other types of sequence.