Lesson Plan: Bar Graphs and Pictographs Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to create a bar graph using data from a pictograph.
Students will be able to
- label a bar graph based on a pictograph,
- find an appropriate scale for a bar graph based on a pictograph,
- record data on a bar graph when the number is not shown directly on the scale.
Students should already be familiar with
- how to create a bar graph from a data table,
- how to read a pictograph,
- how to read a bar graph,
- how to read graphs with scales other than 1.
Students will not cover
- data tables,
- picture graphs.