Lesson Plan: Relating Addition to Subtraction: Numbers up to 10 Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to write a family of addition and subtraction facts linking three numbers up to 10.
Students will be able to
- identify the link between addition and subtraction using models and images,
- write fact families of addition and subtraction number sentences,
- write fact families equations to match real-life examples,
- identify patterns in fact families.
Students should already be familiar with
- adding and subtracting with numbers up to ten,
- writing addition and subtraction equations,
- using part–whole models to represent addition and subtraction.
Students will not cover
- numbers over 10,
- number lines.