Lesson Plan: Volume of a Rectangular Prism: Unit Cubes Mathematics • 5th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the volume of a rectangular prism made of unit cubes.
Students will be able to
- use multiplication to find the volume of a rectangular prism,
- find the volume of a rectangular prism using length width height,
- find the volume of a rectangular prism by counting the cubic units.
Students should already be familiar with
- finding the area of a rectangle.
Students will not cover
- finding the volume of a cube.