Lesson Plan: Estimating the Products of Two-Digit Numbers: Rounding Mathematics • 4th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to estimate the product of two-digit numbers by rounding to the nearest ten.
Students will be able to
- estimate products of two-digit numbers by rounding to the nearest ten,
- use estimates to say whether an answer is reasonable,
- say whether an estimate is an overestimate or underestimate.
Students should already be familiar with
- multiplying multiples of 10.
Students will not cover
- finding the product of two-digit numbers.