Lesson Plan: Decimals to Percentages Mathematics • 6th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to convert a fraction or a decimal to a percentage and compare and order fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Students will be able to
- convert a decimal into a percentage,
- convert a fraction into a percentage,
- compare different values of percentages and decimals or percentages and fractions by converting them into percentages,
- order different values of percentages and decimals or percentages and fractions by converting them into percentages.
Students should already be familiar with
- multiplying decimals by 10, 100, and 1,000.
Students will not cover
- converting percentages to decimals and fractions,
- percentage equations,
- percentages larger than .