Lesson Plan: Kinematic Equations Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to apply the laws of the uniform acceleration motion of a particle in a straight line.
Students will be able to
- drive and recall the kinematic equations,
- use the kinematic equations to find velocities, accelerations, times, and displacements in a system with constant acceleration,
- solve real-world problems using the kinematic equations.
Students should already be familiar with
- the relationship between displacement and velocity,
- the relationship between velocity and acceleration.
Students will not cover
- systems with varying acceleration,
- forces and Newton’s second law of motion.