Lesson Plan: Natural Exponential Functions Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify, write, evaluate, sketch, and analyze natural exponential functions and their transformations.
Students will be able to
- evaluate natural exponential functions at a given point,
- identify natural exponential functions from their graphs or equations and understand their properties,
- write natural exponential functions given points on their curves or their graphs,
- sketch the graphs of natural exponential functions given their equations and identify their key features,
- determine graphs or equations of transformations of natural exponential functions,
- use the derivative of an exponential function and understand the special relationship between the function and its derivative.
Students should already be familiar with
- the exponential function,
- exponents and their properties,
- derivatives of polynomials.
Students will not cover
- applications of the exponential function,
- exponential functions with other bases besides natural.