Lesson Plan: Matrix Multiplication Mathematics • 10th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify the conditions for matrix multiplication and evaluate the product of two matrices if possible.
Students will be able to
- recognize when we can multiply two matrices given their order,
- multiply two matrices by one another if it is possible.
Students should already be familiar with
- addition, subtraction, and scalar multiplication of matrices,
- the transpose of a matrix.
Students will not cover
- the properties of matrix multiplication.