Lesson Plan: Graphs of Direct and Inverse Variations Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to draw and interpret graphs of variables in direct or inverse variation in order to solve problems.
Students will be able to
- use a table of two variables in direct or inverse variation to draw or identify a graph,
- use a graph of two variables in direct or inverse variation to state what happens to one variable as the other increases or decreases,
- use a graph of two variables in direct or inverse variation to find the value of one variable given the other.
Students should already be familiar with
- direct and inverse variation,
- sketching functions from tables,
- identifying points on the Cartesian plane.
Students will not cover
- using a function to draw a graph directly,
- growth and decay.