Lesson Plan: Direction Angles and Direction Cosines Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to find direction angles and direction cosines for a given vector in space.
Students will be able to
- understand that the direction cosines of a vector are the components of the unit vector in the direction of the vector,
- identify the relationship between the direction cosines of a vector,
- find direction angles of a vector in space either given in component form or represented graphically,
- find direction cosines of a vector in space either given in component form or represented graphically.
Students should already be familiar with
- determining the norm of a vector in space,
- vector operations in space,
- evaluating simple trigonometric expressions.