Lesson Plan: Alternating Current Circuits Physics • 9th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to determine the values of electrical quantities in circuits powered by alternating voltages.
Students will be able to
- use the formula to calculate the induced emf due to the rotation of a conducting coil in a uniform magnetic field,
- calculate root-mean-square values of alternating voltage, current, and power,
- identify the phase relationship between voltage and current in alternating current circuits that are either resistive, capacitive, or inductive.
Students should already be familiar with
- electromagnetic induction,
- angular frequency,
Students will not cover
- transformation of current,