Lesson Plan: Water Resistance Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to define water resistance and describe factors that affect it.
Students will be able to
- define water resistance,
- describe how water resistance depends on the surface area, shape, and speed of an object,
- describe ways in which water resistance can be increased and decreased.
Students should already be familiar with
- the idea that friction is a force that acts between surfaces,
- using force diagrams to represent the directions and relative sizes of forces.
Students will not cover
- air resistance,
- why water resistance depends on the speed of an object.