Lesson Plan: Start and End Times to the Nearest Minute Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to calculate the start or end time of an event given the duration or elapsed time in minutes.
Students will be able to
- calculate the start or end time using analog or digital clocks,
- calculate the start time when given the end time and duration or the elapsed time,
- calculate the end time when given the start time and duration or the elapsed time,
- solve problems by finding start and end times.
Students should already be familiar with
- reading analog and digital times to the nearest minute,
- calculating the duration of an event to the nearest minute.
Students will not cover
- converting units of time.