Lesson Plan: Nonstandard Units of Mass Mathematics • Kindergarten
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use nonstandard units to measure and compare the mass of objects.
Students will be able to
- use a balance to find the mass of an object in nonstandard units,
- compare the masses of objects,
- write comparison sentences.
Students should already be familiar with
- visually comparing objects on a balance.
Students will not cover
- measuring objects using standard units.