Lesson Plan: Definition of a Set Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to define a set and use this to identify its elements and properties.
Students will be able to
- understand that a set is a well-defined collection of objects that have a property in common,
- understand that the objects in a set are called its elements,
- identify whether something is a set,
- identify the elements of different sets using words.
Students should already be familiar with
- sorting objects, shapes, and numbers according to their properties.
Students will not cover
- listing the elements of a set using notation.