Lesson Plan: Sedimentary Rocks Geology
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to classify sedimentary rocks according to their characteristics and formation processes while also recognizing the potential energy sources in sedimentary rocks.
Students will be able to
- understand the formation and the general characteristics of sedimentary rocks,
- classify and describe clastic sedimentary rocks,
- classify and describe chemical sedimentary rocks,
- classify and describe biogenic and biochemical sedimentary rocks,
- recognize organic sedimentary rocks as potential energy sources.
Students should already be familiar with
- the rock cycle.
Students will not cover
- sedimentary structures.