Lesson Plan: Ocean Habitats Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to describe the components of an ocean habitat and explain which animals survive well in this habitat.
Students will be able to
- describe the location and components of an ocean habitat,
- list examples of animals that would and would not survive well in an ocean habitat,
- identify why certain animals would survive well in an ocean habitat,
- identify why certain animals would not survive well in an ocean habitat.
Students should already be familiar with
- defining living things and organisms,
- categorizing plants and animals,
- defining and describing habitats and their components,
- explaining how a habitat meets the needs of the organisms that live there.
Students will not cover
- how habitats change between day and night,
- how habitats change seasonally,
- how habitats change over time,
- other water habitats,
- habitats and zones within the ocean,
- migration and hibernation.