Lesson Plan: The Equilibrium of a Body on a Rough Horizontal Plane Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to solve problems involving the equilibrium of a body on a rough horizontal plane.
Students will be able to
- solve equilibrium problems on rough horizontal planes,
- find the coefficient of friction between an object and a rough horizontal plane,
- find the angle of friction in a given model,
- find missing values in a system involving a rough horizontal plane and smooth pulleys.
Students should already be familiar with
- the equilibrium of a body on a smooth horizontal plane,
- finding resultant forces.
Students will not cover
- the equilibrium of a body on an inclined rough plane.