Lesson Plan: The Mechanism of Blood Clotting Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to describe the mechanism of blood clotting in humans.
Students will be able to
- state the role of platelets in the blood,
- describe the mechanism of blood clotting in humans, with reference to platelets, thromboplastin, thrombin, and fibrin,
- explain why blood does not normally clot inside blood vessels.
Students should already be familiar with
- the fact that blood transports oxygen and nutrients around the body,
- the components of the blood (plasma, platelets, RBCs, and WBCs).