Lesson Plan: Adding Tens or Ones on a Hundred Chart Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to add either tens or ones to a number using a hundred chart.
Students will be able to
- use a hundred chart to add ones to a number,
- use a hundred chart to add tens to a number,
- compare the methods of adding tens and ones to a number using a hundred chart.
Students should already be familiar with
- numbers up to 100,
- finding one more and one less than numbers up to 100,
- finding ten more and ten less than numbers up to 100.
Students will not cover
- adding both tens and ones to a number using a hundred chart,
- adding single-digit numbers to two-digit numbers, crossing the tens boundary,
- numbers greater than 100.