Lesson Plan: Kilometers Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to measure length in kilometers, convert kilometers to meters or mixed units, and compare lengths in kilometers and meters.
Students will be able to
- measure lengths in kilometers and meters,
- understand that 1,000 meters = 1 kilometer,
- partition numbers to convert between units,
- convert between whole numbers of meters and kilometers, including using mixed measures,
- convert , , and of a kilometer to meters,
- compare lengths in kilometers, meters, and mixed measures.
Students should already be familiar with
- place value of four-digit numbers,
- comparing four-digit numbers.
Students will not cover
- numbers with more than four digits,
- decimal numbers.