Lesson Plan: Variation Biology
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to recall examples of genetic and environmental variation and distinguish between characteristics that show continuous or discontinuous variation.
Students will be able to
- state that mutations give rise to variation,
- describe how variation is caused by environmental or genetic factors or a combination of the two,
- distinguish between characteristics that show continuous variation and those that show discontinuous variation,
- apply knowledge of continuous and discontinuous variation to interpret given data.
Students should already be familiar with
- the fact that living organisms show differences in their characteristics.
Students will not cover
- details of DNA mutations.