Lesson Plan: Domain and Range of a Piecewise Function Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives and prerequisites of the lesson teaching students how to find the domain and range of a piecewise-defined function.
Students will be able to
- recall the definitions of the domain and the range of a piecewise function,
- identify the domain and range of a piecewise function given graphically or algebraically or both.
Students should already be familiar with
- the domain and range of nonpiecewise functions,
- piecewise functions,
- open and closed dots on a graph,
- set notation,
- evaluating piecewise functions.