Lesson Plan: Comparing Three-Digit Numbers Using Number Lines Mathematics • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use number lines to compare numbers with up to three digits.
Students will be able to
- find two- and three-digit numbers on a number line to compare,
- model two- and three-digit numbers on a number line to compare,
- compare two- and three-digit numbers with symbols and words.
Students should already be familiar with
- the place value of numbers up to 1,000,
- two- and three-digit numbers on number lines.
Students will not cover
- comparing numbers over 1,000 using number lines.