Lesson Plan: Trigonometric Ratios on the Unit Circle Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the fact that the quadrant where an angle lies determines the signs of its sine, cosine, and tangent and solve trigonometric equations.
Students will be able to
- solve trigonometric equations by using (or visualizing) the graph of a unit circle,
- apply knowledge of angles in standard position to determine the signs of trigonometric functions.
Students should already be familiar with
- angles in standard position,
- reciprocal trigonometric functions,
Students will not cover
- inverse trigonometric functions.