Lesson Plan: Word Problems: Adding and Subtraction Money up to EGP 1,000 Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use addition and subtraction to solve word problems involving money up to 1,000 LE.
Students will be able to
- read and understand a one-step word problem and decide which operation is needed to solve it,
- write equations to solve word problems,
- solve a one-step word problem about money using known methods,
- write one-step word problems involving money up to 1,000 LE.
Students should already be familiar with
- adding and subtracting money up to 1,000 LE using a place value/money mat,
- adding and subtracting 3-digit numbers.
Students will not cover
- amounts greater than 1,000 LE,
- word problems with more than one step.