Lesson Plan: The Coordinate Plane: First Quadrant Mathematics • 5th Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to find the 𝑥- and 𝑦-coordinates of a point in the first quadrant and locate a point given its coordinates.
Students will be able to
- understand that a coordinate grid is used to describe position,
- identify the - and of a coordinate grid,
- write an ordered pair to describe the location of points on a coordinate plane,
- plot points given an ordered pair of coordinates,
- solve problems by plotting points and drawing shapes.
Students should already be familiar with
- whole numbers on a number line.
Students will not cover
- plotting coordinates outside the first quadrant.