Lesson Plan: Mutually Exclusive Events Mathematics
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify mutually exclusive events and nonmutually exclusive events and find their probabilities.
Students will be able to
- understand the conditions required for events to be mutually exclusive: ,
- identify mutually exclusive and non-mutually exclusive events when given sufficient probabilities or a representative Venn diagrams,
- find missing probabilities using the conditions for mutually exclusive and non-mutually exclusive events.
Students should already be familiar with
- the probability of simple events,
- Venn diagrams,
- the intersection and union of two events, including the rule .
Students will not cover
- difference of events,
- complementary events,
- conditional probability.