Lesson Plan: The Past Simple and the Past Perfect English
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to use the past perfect and the past simple to talk about education in the past and Charlotte Bronte.
Students will be able to
- practise the past simple,
- use the past perfect to show that a completed action happened at an unspecified time before another completed action,
- use the past perfect to show that an action was always or never true until another completed action took place in the past,
- use “hadn’t + been” with adjectives in the past perfect,
- understand when to use the past simple or the past perfect,
- use before, after, and until to connect the past perfect and present simple in a sentence,
- use never and ever with the past perfect.
Students should already be familiar with
- the past simple,
- irregular verb forms,
- past participles.
Students will not cover
- the past continuous,
- the past perfect continuous,
- the past perfect passive.