Lesson Plan: Yards Mathematics • 2nd Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to measure an object in yards, feet, and inches.
Students will be able to
- measure the length or height of an object to the nearest yard,
- recognize that there are 3 feet in one yard,
- measure the same objects in feet and yards and recognize that there are more feet because feet are smaller,
- estimate the length or height of an object in feet, inches, or yards.
Students should already be familiar with
- measuring the length and height of objects in inches and feet by starting at 0 on a ruler or measuring tape,
- measuring to the nearest inch or foot,
- estimating the length and height of objects in feet and inches.
Students will not cover
- converting units of measure.