Lesson Plan: The Central Nervous System Science
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to identify the structure and function of the central nervous system.
Students will be able to
- identify the parts of the central nervous system,
- describe the structure and function of the cerebrum, cerebellum, and medulla oblongata in the brain,
- describe the structure and function of the spinal cord.
Students should already be familiar with
- the nervous system,
- the structure and function of neurons,
- sensory organs,
- the voluntary and involuntary nervous systems.
Students will not cover
- different types of neurons (sensory, relay, and motor),
- the terms receptors and effectors,
- reflex actions,
- peripheral nervous system.