Lesson Plan: Making 10 Mathematics • 1st Grade
This lesson plan includes the objectives, prerequisites, and exclusions of the lesson teaching students how to make the number 10 in all possible ways and represent these using models and addition equations.
Students will be able to
- use models and objects to represent number bonds to 10,
- express number bonds to 10 as equations,
- use a systematic method to represent all possible number bonds,
- identify missing numbers to complete number bonds to 10.
Students should already be familiar with
- adding numbers up to 10,
- reading and writing addition equations to 10.
Students will not cover
- completing missing addends in addition equations.